NULL Skriv ut sidan - Reading, translating help requested - Björsäter

Anbytarforum

Titel: Reading, translating help requested - Björsäter
Skrivet av: Kathryn Stone skrivet 2012-07-27, 21:07
Hi Carl -

I can hardly believe that all of this is starting to make sense!  I like your theory about the Samuelsdotter/Ericsdotter conflict. And I also think I have found Jonas and Maria in the Björsäter HFL for 1800-1805. See page 94, Sjorberga [the place named in Anna Cajsa's birth record], almost at the bottom, there is a Jonas Jonsson and hustru Maria Ericsdotter!  Of course, they are both listed as being born in 1770, which would not be correct, but considering all the other errors, I believe I should just ignore.  What do you think?

Also, with the information you provided, I found Maria Ericsdotter's death record and also one for her daughter Maria Jonsdotter.  So thank you very much for that piece of research too.

However, just as I was feeling that everything was beginning to fall into place nicely, I have found another piece of confusing information.
Jonas Jonsson and Catharina Olufsdotter, the parents of my Jonas Jonsson [born 1765, and actually named Jöns] and his brother Lars [born 1762] had another son in 1768 and named him Jonas! So, do you think my Jonas [born Jöns] is the husbamd of Maria Ericsdotter/father of Anna Cajsa/former soldier? Or is my Jonas actually Jonas, born in 1768?

Björsäter Födde CI:2  page 125 = 1768 FEB 2, Jonas
Björsäter Födde CI:2  page 117 = 1765 MAR 1, Jöns
Björsäter Födde CI:2  page 111 = 1762 OCT 21?, Lars

This is so frustrating it is almost funny  ...  but not quite :-)

And lastly, should I be using Jönsson  or  Jonsson ?