NULL Skriv ut sidan - Reading, translating help requested - Björsäter

Anbytarforum

Titel: Reading, translating help requested - Björsäter
Skrivet av: Carl Wolf skrivet 2012-07-27, 17:53
Magnus, I am very happy you were able to find the information in the muster role, I am not very experienced with those records so I am glad someone else looked at them.

Kathryn, I found Maria Ericsdotter's death record in Värna in 1833, I left my notes at home so will need to post the citations later.  Following her back she remained in Värna after Jonas' death and it turns out that her daughter Maria died young in the early 1820's.  The household examination records indicate she had lungsot/tuberculosis but the cause of death in the death book is diarrhea.

A possible theory about the Samuelsdotter/Ericsdotter error, the child's mother was never actually present at the baptism so maybe Jonas had the wrong patrynomic wrong for his wife and none of her family members were present to correct it.  He was already deceased by the time his son Anders was baptized so this could account for why the correct name is listed in Anders' birth/baptism record.  And one more piece of circumstantial evidence:  Anna Cajsa's name is the combined names of Maria Ericsdotter's mother (Anna) and Jonas Jonsson's mother (Cajsa is a variation of Catharina).