NULL Skriv ut sidan - Reading, translating help requested - Björsäter

Anbytarforum

Titel: Reading, translating help requested - Björsäter
Skrivet av: Carl Wolf skrivet 2012-07-24, 18:44
Hi Kathryn, you are wise to question the inconsistencies, I agree they are a bit troubling and I hope others will share their opinions as well.  Like you, I thought maybe Maria Samuelsdotter died after daughter Maria's birth but there is no record of her death in Värna, as you found.  I looked in some of the surrounding parishes unsuccessfully with the hopes of finding a marriage record before 1799 and also tried following Maria forward from her birth in Klockricke but also was unsuccessful, assuming I found the right family, which is crossed out in the household exam record with no indication of where they went.  

As for Jonas' surname, I have an ancestor who stopped using the surname Kompan when he was discharged from being a Båtsman and instead started using his patrynomic of Persson on becoming a Torpare.  This is only conjecture, but perhaps Jonas kept his military surname of Ytterman when he became a brick maker since he might have been considered a craftsman, and started using his patrynomic when he began crofting.  I am guessing from your previous posts that the only records you have for Jonas are Anna Cajsa's birth record and the one from the Central Soldiers Register?