NULL Skriv ut sidan - Olof Johansson Djupman military records, parents

Anbytarforum

Titel: Olof Johansson Djupman military records, parents
Skrivet av: Bridget Canniff skrivet 2010-09-10, 19:37
Thanks to all those who have responded to this posting: Ingela, Jeff, Elisabeth, Lotta, Kristina, Ivar and Antoinette.

I now have a fairly complete picture of Olof's early life. He was clearly the son of Johannes Carlsson and Märta/Martha Olsdotter, born on 11 Nov 1816 in Ingrirud, Bro parish, where his family had been living since 1816 (before that they lived in Algustad, and before that in Stora Kärn, where Olof's father Johannes' family was from), but they moved to Finserud, Botilsäter parish in late 1816 or early 1817. Johannes Carlsson took the soldier's name Finsberg, but either deserted or died  bortgången/rymd) in 1826 and the two oldest children still living at home (Olof and his brother Carl, born 1814) moved without a certificate to fattigvård i Bro in 1827. Mother Martha is utfattig and the three youngest children (Johannes b1819, Maja b1822 and Anders b1826) are njuta här fattigvård. Olof shows up in Bro parish, listed as a pauper Fhj/Gossen in Wännom/Wändom (without brother Carl) from 1827-1832. In the 1824-1829 husförhörslängd for Bro AI:15, there's a note about Olof's birthdate, född omkr. år 1817 so it seems he might not have known his birthdate (he was only 10 years old when his father disappeared, and he arrived in Bro all by himself), and then that crossed out note about him being supported by the parish poor chest (although that note references (Södra) Ny parish, it doesn't seem that he actually lived there or had any connection to that parish - perhaps this is just a mistake and that's why it's crossed out). From 1832-1835 he (and, I think, his brother Carl, b1814) is living in Sjöbråten, Mässvik, Bro, and then Olof joins the military as a trumslagaren in 1835 and moves to Kila parish, where he lives and raises his family (and, as an adult, uses the birthday 17 Aug 1817) until his wife dies in 1878, when he moves to Stockholm, where at least some of his children were living. I have found all the husförhörslängder where Olof appears, and I've also been able to go back to find Olof's parents and his paternal grandparents in earlier records.

I still have to do some investigation to see if I can find out what happened to Olof's brothers and sisters, and his mother (as well as see if I can go back further on her side of the family, which was from Ed Parish), but thanks again to all who helped me piece this story together! I have also learned many Swedish words in this research, which will come in handy for the future.

Many many thanks,
Bridget