NULL Skriv ut sidan - Olof Johansson Djupman military records, parents

Anbytarforum

Titel: Olof Johansson Djupman military records, parents
Skrivet av: Jeff Benson skrivet 2010-08-27, 05:13
According to Statistiskt sammandrag af Svenska indelningsverket by Claes Grill, the rote at Djupvik, Kila was part of Gillberg company (the 8th company, not 7th) in the Värmland infantry regiment. Djupvik was number 113 within Gillberg company. Djupman was the soldier name traditionally associated with Djupvik. Olof's soldier number within the regiment should have been, if I have calculated correctly, number 904 (out of 908 men in the regiment). By the way, rote number 91 within the same company was Flatby, Kila.

The reason for the discrepencies with Ingela's information is because the Värmland regiment was something of an oddball. Originally, Värmland regiment had been part of an oversize regiment called the Närke and Värmland regiment. The N-V regiment had 1674 men, as compared to the usual 1200. Around 1812 or so, the N-V regiment was split into two regiments: Värmland regiment and Närke regiment (with only 766 men). The two smaller regiments were each reorganized into eight companies but each company contained fewer men than the typical 150. Värmland regiment companies ranged in size from 107 to 119 men while Närke regiment companies had between 94 and 98 men.

According to the entry for Olof Djupman in Central Soldier register, his soldier number was 909 (as Ingela said). I haven't looked at the muster roles so I can't explain why the number is larger than the number of men supposedly in the entire regiment. Maybe I'll take a look at the muster roll since access to Arkiv Digital records is free this weekend.

Jeff