NULL Skriv ut sidan - Olof Johansson Djupman military records, parents

Anbytarforum

Titel: Olof Johansson Djupman military records, parents
Skrivet av: Bridget Canniff skrivet 2010-08-26, 00:10
Hej!

I am looking for military records, birth record, and information on the parents of Olof Johansson Djupman, my great-great-great grandfather, born in Bro in 1817. He was a military drummer (trumslagaren) who lived at Djupviken, Kila, Värmlands län, Soldatstommen 91 (1835) and then 113 (1836-1878). In the Husförhörslängder, his parents's names were given as Johannes Karlsson and Martha Olofsdotter, and his birthdate as 17 Aug 1817. He married Lisa Andersdotter (born 1812 in Grava, daughter of Anders and Maja Karlsson of Grava) on 1 Nov 1840 in Bro. Brosåter). He moved to Djupviken, Kila from Bro; from 1832-1835 he was living in Sjöbråten, Mässvik, though not with his family (also listed: Carl Johansson, born in Bro 1812 - maybe his brother?), and without a birthdate - just the birth year of 1817. The Husförhörslängder listing him in Djupviken in 1835 says he moved from Brosåter. From 1830-1832 he lived in Wändom, Mässvik. The page reference in the 1830-1834 Husförhörslängder for where he moved from in 1830 leads to a page where he is not listed (Byn, Bynsburg, Nasterudstorp/Tyketorp [or Fyktorp?]) and I can't find a clear trace of him prior to that.  

I did find an (Bengt?) Olof born on 19 (or 17?) Mar 1817 to Maria Olsdotter in Nasterud; the father is listed as Magnus Persson, and though I don't read Swedish, the record seems to indicate they weren't married (it says, as far as I can tell: fadr angass vara Magnus Persson fr Backa). And in the 1815-1819 records for Raika, there is a Maria Olsdotter (born 1786, but I can't read the place name) living in Backa, Bro, listed on the same page as Pär Larsson and his family, including son Magnus, born 1796, who has 2 children, born 1816 and 1819; no wife is listed for Magnus.  

Questions I am trying to answer:
1) Are there military records for Olof Djupman, and how can I find them?
2) Where and when was Olaf Djupman really born, and who were his parents?
3) Is Olof Djupman, son of Martha Olofsdotter and Johannes Karlsson, the same person as (Bengt) Olof, son of Maria Olsdotter and Magnus Persson? Did Olof maybe not know who his father was, or use the patronymic Johansson later in life for another reason?
4) Was it unusual for a boy to be a military drummer at such a young age (13 in 1830), and could this be explained by the fact that his parents may not have been married?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.