NULL Skriv ut sidan - An extinct farm i Gåsborn, Värmland?

Anbytarforum

Titel: An extinct farm i Gåsborn, Värmland?
Skrivet av: Stephanie Carson Feldman skrivet 2001-10-28, 15:20
Hej!

I have found the birth record of one of my family members:  Matthias Dahlström i Gåsborn.  He was born Matthes 1754 May 5 to Anders Mattsson och Karin?? Persdotter and the place is difficult to read.  It must be a Gothic D but it has a letter I do not recognize, an l doing the twist!  It looks like Dallernsiön.  I checked more records och Stina looked the same i 1756, but Carl i 1758 looked less Gothic:  DahlParusiön.

Well, I was excited until I checked out the 1890 census to see the current name:  no farms started with D.  *Sigh*

There was a note at the beginning of this Födelsebok, och pardon my understanding of the letters, but maybe someone can tell me if this helps:  Obs!  Förtiden 1695-1719 finnar i denna bok även antrek-mirgar för Långbans och Damnis hyttorua i Färnebo församlings

Was my farm transferred to Färnebo parish?  I saw Damhyttan and Dalbotorp and Daglöse, are one of those the same?  I'm curious about Långban too.  There is one i Färnebo och Gåsborn.  I have family i both, are they the same?

If anyone can shed some light on this or point me to a good site for the history, I would be very appreciative!  I have family i Färnebo, Rämmen, och Gåsborn to 1750 now, but still have only been researching Swedish for ten months!