NULL Skriv ut sidan - Probate Question

Anbytarforum

Titel: Probate Question
Skrivet av: John Bentley skrivet 2011-08-14, 11:01
This is a question that I have wanted an answer to for a long time, and quite specifically to know how it came about that a piga becomes named to receive these barnegods, and what they are, and what conditions are attached to the inheritance.  I have studied many bouppteckningar from Halland.  A member of the Halland society some years ago pulled out the information from many bouppteckningar in the region and these extracts and a database on CD are key sources saving much effort for anyone searching to find surviving relatives of any deceased.  In almost all data from bouppteckningar that I have seen (this includes originals, but the extracts seem very accurate), the piga getting the barnegods was not a close relative, and also puzzlingly, a time can be attached.  

For one of particular interest, we see innestående barnegods för Anna Svensdotter i 6 år.  Anna was then 30 years old, the daughter of a deceased friend of the farmer from my research, and unrelated, and the same or following year she married the farmer taking over the farm from the deceased.

So I think there is more to this that Chris has put.

John

(Meddelandet ändrat av Johnb 2011-08-14 11:17)