NULL Skriv ut sidan - Johan Anderson Blomquist

Anbytarforum

Titel: Johan Anderson Blomquist
Skrivet av: John Blomquist skrivet 2009-09-20, 18:50
Karl-Johan;  

Thank you for finding Johan Blomqvist in the Central Soldiers Registration. The simple fact of matching of his birth date gives me reasonable confidence that this is my great grandfather. My father, who is 88, was very happy to hear this news.  

I was not aware this resource was available and it may become more valuable as I begin to look deeper into his family history.  

It will always amaze and interest me as how the spelling of names change throughout our human history. This will only add to my challenges as I research my family further back in time. A note I have that is written in John's own hand has the name spelled Blomquist. Norwegian parish records Documenting his first marriage in Øystre Slidre, Oppland, and his children's birth registrations in Evje show the name spelled Blomkvist while his death registration list the name as Blomquist. Most of his children with exception of one came to the U.S. using the name Blomquist. A document reporting the immigration of the first child to immigrate to the U.S. shows the name as Blomkvist.