NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-05-26

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-05-26
Skrivet av: Relatives in Sweden skrivet 2002-09-10, 17:55
Hello:
I am seeking descendants of my Grandfather's siblings in Sweden.  My grandfather, Frans Oskar Snäll, was born in Jersnäs, Småland, on 30 Nov 1868. His Father Clas Fredrik Snäll, was a Soldier, probably given the name Snäll by the Army.  I believe the family name may have been Fredriksson, as this is the name one of his daughters used when she emigrated to the USA. Frans Oskar had two other sisters, Selma, married name NORDVALL, and Anna, whose married name was PEARSON, or PERRSON.  Selma had one son, John Nordvall, who was living in Jonkoepping in the 1960's.  He was my father's age then, and he and his wife, Astrid, had no children.  Anna's last known address was Braddarp Parish, Farserum. Anna my have had children, since a young man from Sweden visited my cousins during the 1980's.  I unfortunately did not get to meet him, nor do I know his name.  All of my father's generation are gone now, and unfortunately, none were interested enough to maintain contact with their Swedish relatives.  I visited John and Astrid Nordvall in Jonkoepping in 1964, but lost contact thereafter.
It would be a longshot if someone were acquainted with these names or communities. Any input would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Gene Linden