NULL Skriv ut sidan - Confused & starting over again; need help with geography and military please.

Anbytarforum

Titel: Confused & starting over again; need help with geography and military please.
Skrivet av: Donna Johnson skrivet 2007-04-19, 02:18
Hej!

I am starting my research all over again. Perhaps I will be able to find something new.  
I amlooking for:
Daniel (Magnusson) Ros: 14/5/1774
I am trying to find out where he was born. Here is what data I have. According to his military history, File 220, he was in the company of the Royal Ålvsbogrs Regiment. He was in Sätila from 1806/04/30 to 1827/08/29 at his death. I do have his military data for that time period.
Before this time, he had served 12 years in the fleet of the army at the Gothenburg Squadron.  
My data states that he was born in Skaraborg. I also have data saying that he was from Upplänning & Bousalan.  
What can anyone gather from this? All I can figure out is that he came from someplace North.  
Does anyone know what group or unit he would have been in at Gothenburg? I have tried the military link & had no luck for his earlier information. I do have information from Genline: GID 888.2.16700 and 888.9.115800
He was newly inlisted to the army then. I had a hard time trying to figure out the entering/exiting pages on Genline for that time period & region. I am thinking that I may have overlooked his entry or another area in the records where he could be located.  
I did find out that his last name at that time was Magnusson. A very small step forward.  
If anyone can help me figure this out, I would truly appreciate it. I think the next logical step would be to find him in the army. Any ideas, hints & tips are very welcome!
Thank you,
Donna Johnson