NULL Skriv ut sidan - Combmakers guild

Anbytarforum

Titel: Combmakers guild
Skrivet av: Staffan Bengtsson skrivet 2007-08-23, 18:36
Art

Today I briefly checked the minutes from the combmakers guild in Stockholm. I didn't find any information about combmaker Hans Berggren/Bargrens origin. But his last name is consistently spelled Bargren in the minutes. Never Berggren.  

Berggren was a fairly common name then and still is. More than 11 000 persons in Sweden today are called Berggren. Nobody is called Bargren in Sweden today and it was a very rare name in the 18:th century. This makes it more likely that Hans Bargren born 1730 in Stockholm is identical with the boy Hans Bargren that 1746 28/5 was enrolled as an apprentice at combmaker Peter Hult, master of the guild.

1750 2/6 Hans Bargren became journeyman, 1760 12/4 he became a master and 1772 14/10 master of the guild. When I find some time I will transcribe a summary of the minutes from 1759 and 1760 and send to Your e-mail. I also have a copy of Hans Bargrens own hand-writing and his signature that I can scan and send to You.

Lars Svedberg became a journeyman 1731 3/9 and was then called Lars Nilsson. He became a master 1737 28/6. Nils Svedberg was a nephew to Lars Svedberg.