NULL Skriv ut sidan - Otto Johnson, Lockport, Will County, Illinois, emigration 1868

Anbytarforum

Titel: Otto Johnson, Lockport, Will County, Illinois, emigration 1868
Skrivet av: Lars Jonsson skrivet 2005-08-26, 09:59
Hi!

I am looking for information about the descendants of Otto Johnson who emigrated from Sweden to Lockport, Will County in Illinois 1868.

Otto was born May 7 1835 in Månhöjden, Gåsborn parish, Värmland in Sweden. He was a shoemaker.

I have found a Biography that I believe talks abut Otto: Otto JOHNSON, boot and shoe shop, Lookport; was born in Farnabo Co., Sweden, May 8, 1838; he immigrated to America in 1868, and settled in Lockport, IL, where he has resided ever since; Mr. JOHNSON has resided in the same house ever since he came to Lockport, first entering it as a boarder, and, later, purchasing it for himself. He was married Nov. 2, 1871, to Lizzie MATTHEWS, a native of England; has two children - Louie G., John H. Republican; member of the Swede Lutheran Church. Besides work of his own manufacture, he keeps on hand a fine assortment of ladies' and children's ready-made wear; he uses nothing but the best of stock in the manufacture of his boots and shoes, and warrants entire satisfaction. The Biography comes from the book Biographies from History of Will County, Illinois Wm. LeBaron, Jr., & Co. 1878.

I have Otto's anscestors for many generations.

Regards Lars