NULL Skriv ut sidan - Folke Herman Göthe or Folke Herman

Anbytarforum

Titel: Folke Herman Göthe or Folke Herman
Skrivet av: Judy Olson Baouab skrivet 2005-05-22, 21:22
Hi Jan and Pär,

I also have a strong feeling that this is probably the right couple. Since Folke hadn't completed the naturalization process in 1930, his naturalization papers should be very informative. My dad's papers from 1933 included his birthdate and birthplace, occupation, how he traveled to the U.S., the name of his wife and her birth information, his date of marriage, etc. There was a question about the names of children and their birthdates too.  

Folke seemed to have lived in Illinois for a while, so I suppose his naturalization records will be held at the National Archives (NARA) branch in Chicago. Pär should try to obtain those papers. If he is in the naturalization index there, it shouldn't cost much, although the postage to Sweden will be more than the postage to U.S. citizens. They charge a small fee for the cost of copying (but usually there will be only three or four pages, so that fee isn't large) and then it would be free if picked up. The U.S. cost for delivery by mail might be $10, but I don't remember for sure since I picked up the copies. I searched the index for Dad's records, so I don't know if there is a fee for searching the index.

http://www.archives.gov/facilities/il/chicago.html

Judy