NULL Skriv ut sidan - Helping finding relatives

Anbytarforum

Titel: Helping finding relatives
Skrivet av: Kim Broekhuizen skrivet 2007-03-09, 20:00
I am hoping someone can help me find more information on my relatives. Anna Christina Alfredsdotter was born May 9, 1861 in Sweden. She married Manne Julis Anderson. I don't know when they were married. I also am trying to learn more about his death - its a mystery to the family as to how he died. I believe it was between 1890-1903. I'd love to learn more about them but need some help to get started...

Someone on another list sent me the following - I am hoping someone on this list can continue to help me. I am new at searching records outside the US and could use the help from experts like you.  

I have found Anna Kristina Alfredsdotter in Masthugg parish in the City of Göteborg in the HFL for 1883-1886. She had moved into this parish from another Göteborg parish: Carl Johan but now she was leaving for another part of Göteborg called Domkyrko, which is also known as Gustavi. She was unmarried with an illegitimate son: John Albert. There is a note about her being absolved,
probably for the sin of bearing an illegitimate child.

I had first found her on the moving out (utflyttning) records for Masthugg parish, which is how I was able to find them quickly in the HFL. (There are thousands of pages to check otherwise.) This is the Genline page number of that moving out record.

There are separate birth records, of course, and there are also marriage and death records, but they take time to check out. The HFL is usually the fastest way to find those dates, but in a big city, everything takes lots of time to check.

They can be seen entering Domkyrko parish on this
page.  

I can't understand the way their new address is
listed, and I can't read it very well either. It might be 7/423 or 7/4 213 or something like that. It is supposed to be the page in the HFL but there are 18 of those to check, each with hundreds of pages and some pages appear to be missing.