NULL Skriv ut sidan - Clarification of relationship

Anbytarforum

Titel: Clarification of relationship
Skrivet av: Judy Olson Baouab skrivet 2012-05-29, 00:55
Suzanne, your English is excellent! You are perfectly understandable and your grammar is good. You certainly have better English writing ability than we have Swedish writing ability.

Gwen,

It is best if you do not assume anything. We can form an hypotheses and research to prove or disprove that hypothesis.  

If a child used Olsson as a last name, perhaps the father was Ola or perhaps he was an Olof or Olaus, etc.

I can't find the article by Elisabeth Thorsell which gave ideas on how to try to find the father of an unknown child, but it doesn't seem to be online anymore. However, there is an article which tries to do the same thing on the Family Search Wiki.

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Sweden:_Finding_an_Unknown_Father_in_ Swedish_Records

Baptism witnesses were often connected in some way to the parents, especially if they came from a different parish to be the witnesses. However, I have found that I need to know the family a few generations back in some cases to know how the witnesses connect to the parents.  

Judy

(Meddelandet ändrat av Judy Olson Baouab 2012-05-29 00:56)