NULL Skriv ut sidan - Where oh where in Stockholm?

Anbytarforum

Titel: Where oh where in Stockholm?
Skrivet av: Gwen Stuler skrivet 2013-03-25, 20:10
Leif:  I cannot thank you enough for all the work you did on Peter Sjolund.  You must love going through these books as much as I do!

Actually, as you were writing your note to me on Sunday I, too, was doing a lot of work on Peter Sjolund. I had a lot of preliminary information but did a lot more research yesterday.  I discovered a lot of what you did so I am very encouraged that I am reading and moving around the books almost like the expert that you are!

So, it is your theory that he became a seaman and so adopted the name Sjölund to reflect this? I am reading Sjölund to mean sea--grove.  

I am also confused by the fact that in Arkivdigital AI:4 (1822-37) Image 314, page 629 the name Sjolund is written very faintly under the name of Per Jonsson.  Does that mean he became a seaman during this time before leaving for Lärkemålen?  But yet, when he goes to Lärkemålen he does not use that name.  He does not use it again until he moves to Döderhultsvik!

Also, when the word seaman is used it is referring to someone who works on their own boat or another private boat, not a member of the Swedish navy?

But again, thank you so much for your help and hard work....enjoyed talking to you.