NULL Skriv ut sidan - Options; Arkivdigital, Genline, SVAR

Anbytarforum

Titel: Options; Arkivdigital, Genline, SVAR
Skrivet av: Barry Hill skrivet 2012-05-31, 14:47
I am hoping someone with a lot of experience with these services can tell me w they what they recommend and why. I have used ArkivDigital (AD) at a branch LDS Family History Center (LDS FHC) and have access there pretty much whenever I want to make a 10-15 minute drive.  My main dissatisfaction is that I cannot get a printout near as good as the digital screen image even with a good printer on highest settings. Because of the colored background it also seems to waste ink on a color printer.  Are there any tips for better printouts.  

I am also not sure if it is worth subscribing to AD since I have free access with a 10 minute drive or if money would be better spent on an additional product like Genline (which I used briefly several years ago).  I do understand that one is digital color photos and one is copied micofilm. I do not know if one has different record search ability or different records and if I would gain by having access to Genline at my house and AD at the LDS FHC.

I also know nothing about SVR and any subscriptions they have and where they fit into considering a subscription service.

NOTE: Keep in mind that I do NOT read Swedish other than recognizing a few headings. I am a little familiar with Swedish record systems from the exceptional help I received here and from reading Your Swedish Roots by Clemensson/Andersson

I am not looking for an advertisement only some practical guidance on what to consider.

Thanks for your input.

Barry

Thank You

Since