NULL Skriv ut sidan - From torpare to egare ?

Anbytarforum

Titel: From torpare to egare ?
Skrivet av: Kathryn Stone skrivet 2013-04-18, 20:07
Once again I am hoping for help with a couple questions :-)

[ Östergötland, Borg > AI:17, page 80 >  and  > AI:17, page 210 ]
Regarding Torparen Carl Magnus Carlsson [f. 1822] who is at Lilla Ahlsätter 1868-1879 [see page 80]. Then 1879 he moves to Stora Åsängen as Egare [see page 210].

So can someone tell me what might have happened here?  Isn't the change from torparen to egare a big deal?  How might he have managed that? If egare is owner, how would he have had the money to buy land?  Or, am I still not understanding the process of 'land ownership' that was available to farmers at that time?

From this point forward there are usually at least a couple workers listed below his family on that page - is this a sign of being a successful farmer, that is to have others in your employ? or  are the others just coincidently living on the same farm?  
[Östergötland, Borg > AI:17, page 210 > AI:18, page 210 > AI:19, page 276 > AI:20, page 283 ]

My second question is about Frans Carl Carlsson [f.1857], son of the above Carl Magnus. He is listed with the family on page 80 AI:17, Borg Östergötland, just before Carl Magnus moves his family to Stora Åsängen. What is the notation that is written regarding him?  He never appears with the family again, so that is all I have to help me find him.

Thank you so much for any help offered, I would be lost without you all :-)

Kathryn