NULL Skriv ut sidan - """"Die Solemnis Precum"""" - Calendar date?

Anbytarforum

Titel: """"Die Solemnis Precum"""" - Calendar date?
Skrivet av: Jeff Benson skrivet 2012-02-20, 03:43
I have been doing research in fairly old parish records (before 1750 in Älvdalen, Dalarna) at a time when most baptisms, weddings and burials were recorded under the name of the feast day in the church calendar, rather than the calendar date. I have managed so far to figure out what calendar date corresponds to each feast day using web searches and the charts found in the reference book Cradled In Sweden (by Carl-Erik Johansson). However, I have regularly encountered one set of feast days that aren't mentioned in my references.  

The vicars of Älvdalen were fond of holding events on Die X Solemnis Precum (where X seems to be 1, 2, 3 or 4). I have finally figured out that the Latin means solemn day of prayer so I expect Die 1 Solemnis Precum translates as First solemn day of prayer. Likewise, 2, 3 & 4 correspond to the Second, Third and Fourth prayer days. Maybe there were even more prayer days in the calendar, I don't know.

I would like to know what were the calendar dates of these prayer days? (That is, assuming the date was the same every year.) If prayer days were held on different dates each year (as I suspect they were), how does one calculate each one? I know they do not fall on the regular Sunday feast days because prayer days always appear in the records between the feast days I recognize.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Jeff