NULL Skriv ut sidan - Determining Birthplaces

Anbytarforum

Titel: Determining Birthplaces
Skrivet av: Dianne Catalano skrivet 2014-03-28, 02:42
Does anyone know if birthplaces are very often entered in soldier records at the War Archives? I have an ancestor, Nils Jonasson Diurberg, whose soldier records (from the Central Soldiers Register) say he was born 1691, which is consistent with his age at death.  Per that same source, Nils came from Floda parish, Södermanland, when he enlisted. The Register says they do not have birthplaces, but that the War Archives might. Before joining the army, Nils studied at Strängnäs, where he was given a Latinized name. The student there most likely to be Nils came from Nericia (Latin for Närke). In Närke-Varmland records, I found a Jonas Jonson who had a son Nils, born 1691. I am trying to determine if that child could have been my ancestor, but with no birthplace on the soldier records that I have, I can neither make the connection, nor rule it out.  I am looking for any suggestions as to where I might search for my soldier’s birthplace. I live in the US, and am thus limited to online resources, volunteer look-ups, or hiring a professional.