NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2005-03-05

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2005-03-05
Skrivet av: nancy skrivet 2003-12-03, 18:51
I am searching for information on Axel Wilhelm DuRietz, the younger brother of my great-grandfather Alfred Du Rietz.

Axel was born December 26, 1857 in Kleva by, Resmo sn. on Öland.  When his parents died, he and his youger sister moved to Roma on October 28,1871. I am  wondering what family accepted the responsibility for raising these two children?

I have in my possession a death certificate for a young girl named Ina Du Rietz.  She was born in Sweden on May 27, 1888.  She died in Illinois on March 17. 1916. Her parents are listed as Axel DuRietz and Sophie Olsson (Olsdotter).  Could this Axel (my great-grandfather's younger brother) possibly be the father of Ina?  The mother Sophie born December 1866 immigrated to America, somewhere between 1888 and 1892. Sophie remarried, an Englishman who had been residing in the states in 1892.

I begin my quest on Gotland because this is the last known residence for Axel Du Rietz.

I am so curious to know:

1.  Who raised Axel on Gotland?
2.  Is Axel the father of Ina Du Rietz?
3.  Whatever became of Axel Du Rietz?

Any information would be appreciated so much. I thank you for your time and effort.

Tack för hjalpen.

Nancy