NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 19 mars, 2014

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 19 mars, 2014
Skrivet av: Stefan Simander skrivet 2013-01-18, 12:29
Thank you so much.  I am so excited to finally connect with some of Great-Grandpa Lundin's family.  I have been searching for years.  I can hardly wait to show my Grandmother, and my mother, our Lundin family history.  My Grandmother was only 12 years old when her father died in January 1925, so she has been waiting a long time to know more about him.

Here is the information I have on Great-Grandfather Lundin, and his descendants:

Andreas Jacob Niklas Lundin  born: March 5, 1879 Hellvi, Gotland  died: January 1925  Norwalk, Los Angeles, California  buried: January 1925  probably in the Mountain View Cemetery, Altadena, Los Angeles, California  

(Note:  He called himself Nick Lundin, so most US records show him as Nick or various spellings of Niklas, though a few records including his WWI Draft Registration have his full name.)

He immigrated to the United States in 1906, and married:  February 17, 1911 Brooklyn, Kings, NY to Matilde Josephine Gjertsdatter Kvanvig  born:  October 24, 1884  Kvanvig, Hidra, Vest-Agder, Norway  died:  May 2, 1971  Roseburg, Douglas, Oregon  buried:  May 1971 Rose Hills Memorial Park Cemetery, Whittier, Los Angeles, California.  (Note:  She was christened Josephine Matilde Gjertsdatter Kvanvig, but immigrated to the United States with her mother in 1903 as Matilde Josephine Telefsen, and soon anglicized her last name to Thompson.)  Her parents were: Gjert Tobias Telefsen Kvanvig and Marie Berntsdatter Fidsel.

First Generation

Children of Andreas and Matilde Lundin:

1)  Margaret Lundin  born: November 10, 1912  Sea Cliff, Long Island, Nassau, New York  (currently living in Sutherlin, Douglas, Oregon.)  married:  December 6, 1935  Pasadena, Los Angeles, California  to Edward George Martin  born: April 13, 1903  Menasha, Winnebago, Wisconsin  died: April 26, 1989  Roseburg, Douglas, Oregon  buried: April 29,1989 Kellogg Cemetery, Douglas, Oregon.  His parents were: George A. Martin and Caroline Rose Bauer.

2) Ruth Lundin  born:  December 1, 1914  Sea Cliff, Long Island, Nassau, New York  died:  November 7, 1992  Lake Oroville, Butte, California  buried: November 1992  Rose Hills Memorial Park Cemetery, Whittier, Los Angeles, California.  She married between 1936-1940 at a wedding chapel in California (unknown city) to David Howard Amlin  born: February 25, 1914 Oklahoma  died: November 16, 2004  Banning, Riverside, California  buried:  November 2004  Rose Hills Memorial Park Cemetery, Whittier, Los Angeles, California.  His parents were:  Jesse Walter Amlin and Louise/Laudie R. ?

Children of Ruth Lundin & David Howard Amlin:

1) Alice Diane Diane Amlin  born:  July 15, 1940  Pasadena, Los Angeles, California  died:  July 4, 2004 California (probably Banning, Riverside, CA)  married #1:  June 27, 1959  Chapel of Roses, Pasadena, Los Angeles, California to William Bill August Krenz  born: March 22, 1940  Los Angeles County, California  died:  January 1984  Darien, Fairfield, Connecticut  son of Edwin W. Krenz and Anna Walker.  Diane and Bill were divorced September 1966 Orange County, California.  They had one son.  Diane remarried:  September 27, 1967  Orange County, California  to James Jim Lyle Ashley.  Diane and James Ashley had no children.  James Ashley currently lives in Banning, Riverside, California.

2) David Arnold Amlin  born:  October 30, 1943 Los Angeles County, California  died:  April 10, 1983  Orange County, California  married:  between 1968-1971 (unknown location)  to Florence Patricia Silk  born:  1950  Los Angeles County, California  dau of ? Silk and ? Dailey.  David and Florence had two children and then divorced December 12, 1979  Orange County, California.  I believe Florence is still alive and living in California.
------------------

3) Alice Lundin  born: January 21, 1917  Sea Cliff, Long Island, Nassau, New York  died:  October 4, 2006 Roseburg, Douglas, Oregon  buried:  October 2006  Roseburg Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Roseburg, Douglas, Oregon  married: January 19, 1941  Westminster Presbyterian Church, Pasadena, Los Angeles, California to Russell Francis Morrison  born: September 18, 1919  Ohio (probably Lake County)  died: June 6, 1999  Roseburg, Douglas, Oregon  buried: June 1999 Roseburg Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Roseburg, Douglas, Oregon.  His parents were:  Francis/Frank E. Morrison and Hazel Mae Tuttle.

4) Esther Lundin  born: February 19, 1919  Montgomery, Somerset, New Jersey  died: December 25, 1932  Pasadena, Los Angeles, California  buried: December 1932  (probably in the Mountain View Cemetery, Altadena, Los Angeles, California.)  (Note:  Esther died of complications from diptheria.)

5) David Andrew Lundin  born:  January 26, 1922  probably Glen Cove, Long Island, Nassau, New York  died: September 1, 2000 Coquille, Coos, Oregon  cremated:  September 2000  married:  1942  probably Coos County, Oregon to Marjorie Eve Smith  born: November 24, 1922   died:  September 1, 1977 Myrtle Point, Coos, Oregon  buried:  September 1977  Norway Cemetery, Norway, Coos, Oregon.  Her parents were:  Hobart M. Smith and Nettie Odell Lewis.

Laura De Haven

(Meddelandet ändrat av simson 2013-01-18 12:30)