NULL Skriv ut sidan - Sjöström

Anbytarforum

Titel: Sjöström
Skrivet av: Anna Karin Theander skrivet 2011-07-12, 19:25
Jag försöker hjälpa en släkting i USA att hitta hennes förfäder på andra sidan släktträdet. Den vi söker mer information om är Matilda J Sjöström född 28 februari 1868 eller 1869. Vi vet tyvärr inte var hon är född och det är det vi skulle behöva hjälp med. Hon dog tragiskt 7 juli 1912, ca 43-44 år gammal. På hennes dödscertifikat står det att hennes far heter William Schustrom och där hennes mors namn ska stå står det Don't know. Familjen emigrerade från någonstans i Sverige till USA i slutet av 1870-talet, runt 1879.  

Vi har hittat hennes dödsannons från Cheney Free Press, Cheney, Washington, Spokane county, July 13, 1912:

Matilda Sjostrom was born in central Sweden Feb. 28, 1868. When eight years of age the family moved to America, spending a short time in Illinois, eight years in Nebraska, and eleven years in Ludell, Kansas. Hearing of high wages paid to housekeepers in the west she came to Denver, Colorado, where she spent four years in one family and two in another. Here after six years acquaintance, whe was marreid to C. G. Bloom. The new family lived in Wyoming for five years and came thence to Cheney in 1902. Six children were born to them, Frances, Roy, Lawrence, Harold, Reynold and Floyd, all of whom are living. The family has been connected with the Congregational church for the past four years. Mrs. Bloom hs been very active and helpful in several departments of the church. She has given her children religious training with great care. She attended regular worship just two weeks before her death. The disease which attacked her body came on so rapidly and stealthly that no one was aware of her great danger till the counsel and heroric efforts of physicians and trained nurse were of no avail. Painlessly she passed through the portals of eternity at 12:45 Sunday, July 7, aged 44 years, 4 months and 9 days. The funeral was held in the Congregational church on Tuesday morning. Interment was in Fairview cemetery.

Är det någon som känner till något om denna familjs ursprung? Var var Matilda J Sjöström född?

Mvh
Anna Karin Theander