NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2005-08-04

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2005-08-04
Skrivet av: William R. Olson skrivet 2005-07-26, 01:42
Greetings Ylva and Kay,

Kay, I appreciate your answer concerning K & L.

Ylva, thanks for the additional information.  I have a few more questions.  I will post those some other time.  I want to apologize for not posting this information when I said I would.  It took me longer to assemble the information than I thought it would.  

Following is the information I have on Trued and his family after they left Alltidhult in 1838.  Trued, Sissa and their children Olof, Hanna, and Sven (another Sven lived for only 4 months) moved to No. 33 Gammalstorp, Gammalstorp Parish, Blekinge.  The following children were born to Trued and Sissa at Gammalstorp: Kjertta, Bengt, Jon, Per, Bengt, Botil, Nilla, and Nils.  I will give information about each of Trued and Sissa's offspring in order of their birth.

1)  Olof Truedsson, born May 20, 1833, Alltidhult, Jamshog.  Died 1907 at La Conner, Washington, USA and is buried in the Pleasant Ridge Cemetery near La Conner.

Olof moved to No. 33 Gammalstorp, Gammalstorp, Blekinge with his family in 1838 and probably lived there until 1853 when he emigrated to America.

After Olof arrived in America he became known as Olaf Olson although he occasionally used the Truedson name in some land deals.  Olaf settled in Galesburg, Illinois.  Olaf married Bertha Olsdotter in Illinois on April 21, 1860.  She was from No. 56 Mollebjorke, Gammalstorp, Blekinge and emigrated to America in 1859.  She was born Dec 4, 1836.

Olaf and Bertha had seven children.  They were:

a)  Ingrid Olson, born Dec 26, 1860 in  
         Illinois, and died June 3, 1939 in  
         Western Washington, USA, and is  
         buried in Kansas, USA.

b)  Frank G (Garden) Olson, born October  
         20, 1862 in Henry County, Illinois.  
         Died Dec 1950 in Washington State and
         buried in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery  
         near La Conner, Washington.  

He was my Great Grandfather.

c)  Thomas Olson, born Dec 15, 1864 in  
         Illinois, died Feb 15, 1875 in Illinois.

d)  Hannah Olson, born June 24, 1867 in
         Illinois, died Dec 11, 1942, Washington,
         buried in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery.

e)  Joel (Joseph) Olson, born Dec 11, 1869  
         in Illinois.  Died Nov 13, 1921 in
         Stanwood, Washington.  

f)  Oskar Olson, born June 21, 1872 in  
         Illinois, died ? in Kennewick,  
         Washington.

g)  Thomas Olson, born April, 7, 1876 in  
         Kansas.  Died May 30, 1926 in Kansas and
         buried there.

Olaf purchased 160 acres of land in the Woodhull area (near Galesburg) of Illinois in 1863.  In 1871 and 1874 Olaf sold 80 acre parcels of land to his brothers Sven and Jon (John.)  In 1874 Olaf and Bertha and their family moved to a 213 acre parcel 2 miles South of Assaria, Kansas.  Olaf and Bertha moved to Western Washington about 1900 to be closer to their children and because of Olaf's severe asthma.  Olaf died Jan 11, 1907 and Bertha died in 1921.  Both are buried in the Pleasant Ridge Cemetery near La Conner, Washington.

2)  Hanna Truedsdotter, born Dec 30, 1834, Alltidhult, Jamshog.  Died Nov 19, 1918 in Kansas.  Buried in assaria Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery, Assaria, Kansas.

Hanna emigrated from Gammalstorp to America in 1867.  She probably spent some time in the Galesburg, Illinois area and then went to the Assaria, Kansas area.  It is my understanding that she never married.  I have no information about her life in America but I have heard that her father Trued left her his house to live in until she died.

Hanna T Olson was buried in the family plot of T.L. (Thomas) Olson.  T.L. was the son of Olaf and Bertha (see above.)

3)  Sven Truedsson, born Nov 20, 1836, Alltidhult,
Jamshog, died March 17, 1837, Alltidhult.

4)  Sven Truedsson, born March 3, 1838, Alltidhult, Jamshog, died May 11, 1911 at Woodhull, Illinois.

I spent much time searching for Sven in America because Genline records showed he emigrated to America in 1856.  I had no success until a few months ago when my brother and his wife travelled to the Galesburg, Illinois area to do family research and discovered that Sven Truedsson had changed his name to Swan T. Olson.  As a result of that information I was fortunate to make contact with Tom Franseen of South Carolina the Great Grandson of Swan Olson.  Most of the Swan (Sven) information is courtesy of him.

When Swan came to America in 1856 he went directly to Galesburg, Illinois, arriving there on Agust 10.  He worked on a farm in the area until 1861 when he joined the North in the Civil War.  He was in the war for the duration and was discharged in December 1865.  He had the hardest kind of service and endured the severest privations during the war.  Near the end of the war he spent time in a military hospital.  He never regained complete health for the rest of his life.  In the fall of 1866 he returned to Sweden where he spent the Winter, probably with his parents.  He came back to America in the Spring of 1867 and brought his parents with him  (more about that later.)  Swan and his brother John T (Jon) eventually bought 160 acres from their brother Olaf, and Swan eventually bought out John's share.  He lived there until he moved to town (Woodhull) in 1896.

Swan married Celia Hawkinson Dec 31, 1871.  She was born in Sweden June 16, 1844.  She died in 1925.  She came to America in 1866.  

Swan and Celia had 8 children.  They were:

a)  Herman Theodore Olson, born Dec 8, 1872,  
         died Sept 26, 1874.

b)  Esther Cecilia Olson, born March 30,  
         1874, died Jan 11, 1970.  Married John  
         Franseen.

c)  Emma Otelia Olson, born Mar 14, 1876.

d)  Hattie Naftalia Olson, born July 19,  

e)  Ella Olivia Olson, born July 17, 1880.

f)  Herman Theodore Olson, born Jan 6, 1882.
         Died young.

g)  Hanna Klotelia Olson, born Jan 11, 1884.
         Died July 27, 1887.

h)  Herman Olson, born Sept 13, 1886, died  
         Nov 22, 1948.

--------------------------------------------------

To be continued.  I have been typing this for several hours because I only type with one hand because of physical problems.  I will finish it later in the week.  Thank You, Bill.