NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2005-08-04

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2005-08-04
Skrivet av: William R Olson skrivet 2005-07-04, 06:58
My name is William Olson and I live in La Grande,
Oregon, USA.  I do not read or speak Swedish.  All of my ancestors on my Fathers side are from
Sweden.  About a year ago I began researching
several lines of my Sweden ancestors.  That  
research was done by researching the church  
records.  I found much information but there was
much I could not understand because of the
language barrier.  I have some questions I would
sure like to find answers for so I am sending this message in hopes someone in the great country of Sweden will be able to help me out.

Trued Olsson, my gggg grandfather was born Aug 15, 1814 at No. 16 Altidhult, Jamshog, Blekinge  
to Ola Olsson b Dec 3, 1774, and Hanna Hansdotter b Mar 23, 1773.  Trued married Sissa Trulsdotter on Nov 15, 1832.  Sissa was born at No. 20 Orlycke, Gammelstorp, Blekinge on Ap 4, 1809 to
Truls Johnson b Jan 6, 1778 and Gunild Olsdotter
b June 5, 1778.  Trued and Sissa had children Olof, Hanna, Sven, and Sven at Altidhult.  They
moved to No. 33 Gammalstorp in 1839 and had  
children Kjertta, Bengt, Jon, Per, Bengt, Botil, Nilla, and Nils at that location.  Between 1853
and 1867 all the surviving children emmigrated to USA and Trued (Sissa died in Chicago, Ill, USA in 1867 while on a trip) emmigrated in 1869 and
settled in Kansas, USA. I have information on a few of the family members who emmigrated and am searching for the rest.  

Family tradition says Trued was an only child, was
well educated and his family was rich.  Another
tradition says he was a prominent character in Sweden and a member of the nobility.  I don't know if any of that is true because traditions are often inflated over time.  

Does anyone have information on Trued and also on  
No. 20 Orlycke, and No. 16 Altidhult?  Should I send a separate posting under Jamshog to ask about No. 16 Altidhult?  I didn't do so before asking because I don't want to violate the rules of this great forum.

Any help you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.  Thank You, William Olson