NULL Skriv ut sidan - Rudkvist / Rudqvist

Anbytarforum

Titel: Rudkvist / Rudqvist
Skrivet av: Jeff Benson skrivet 2004-12-13, 19:09
Hi Maria,

I read your comments about finding Anders and Maria in Millesvik ca. 1786-90. I do think that is the place son Olof was born. I have found records of Olof and youngest son, Lars Fredrik, moving to and from Karlstad around 1807-09. Inflyttning records (Hfl too, I think) say Olof was born in Millesvik. Like you, I tried to find him in the Millesvik births but failed. I tend to not rely too heavily on inflyttning and Hfl records being correct about such details. But your discovery of the family living in Millesvik Hfl is very good evidence and suggests it could be right in this case, if not 100% certain. I have tried to locate Olof in every birth register for parishes located geographically between Eskilsäter and Nor without success. I'm beginning to think Olof is one of those rare instances of a birth falling between the cracks, as we say.

Also note that Genline has been adding records to Dalsland/Älvsborg lately. I expect more Åmål records to be uploaded soon -- probably within the next 3 months. It should then be possible to discover the early years of your ancestor, Daniel Rudqvist. I think your suggestion that Daniel was apprenticed (that is the correct word in English) to a miller is worth purusuing. It could explain a lot of odd things in the records.

You mention the family Kock with regard to Rudqvist children. Föraren Olof Uppström and wife Anna Lisa Kock are also my direct ancestors. A grandson, sergeant Olof Dell, married Rudqvist daughter, Elsa Lovisa. The Kock family is originally from Ö. Fågelvik. Olof and Anna Lisa lived in Stora Kil until Olof died but I haven't discovered what finally became of Anna Lisa.

One last question. What caused you to search for Anders Rudqvist in Lungsund? Or, did you find him by accident while looking for something else?

Jeff