NULL Skriv ut sidan - Rudkvist / Rudqvist

Anbytarforum

Titel: Rudkvist / Rudqvist
Skrivet av: Jeff Benson skrivet 2004-12-05, 18:45
Hi Maria,

Thank you for confirming what I have found about Anders Rudqvist, his family and their many wanderings around Värmland.

In this genealogy business I think we all follow in each other's footsteps to a degree. I would not have found the records for several of Anders' and Maria's children had not they been in the FamilySearch (LDS -- Mormon church) database. I owe the LDS and its members a debt of gratitude.

I did not realize the connection you mention between the places they lived and the homes of military men. I don't think Anders was in the army but maybe I'm wrong. I don't know what his occupation was. Can you tell me? I do know that two of Anders' daughters (Britta Christina and Greta Lisa) married two brothers named Hellgren who were both military officers (sergeants). A third Hellgren brother and sergeant (my ancestor) married a granddaughter of Anders & Maria. So, Anders seems to have at least social connections to members of the army. Most of the family connections (marriages) came after Anders died in 1811.

Adding to the confusion of men named Rudqvist in southwest Värmland, there is the village Rud, Kila with a soldattorp whose soldiers took the name Rudqvist. I don't think any of these soldiers are connected to the Rudqvists we are interested in.

Best Regards,
Jeff