NULL Skriv ut sidan - Rudkvist / Rudqvist

Anbytarforum

Titel: Rudkvist / Rudqvist
Skrivet av: Jeff Benson skrivet 2004-11-28, 06:33
Hej Maria!

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am very interested in the Rudqvist family you describe.

I strongly believe that your ancestor, Daniel Rudqvist, is indeed the son of Anders Rudqvist and Maria Bjurström. I have found Daniel's birth entry in the church records. He was born 12 May 1783 at Bålberg, Nor (S) (Nor C:1, page 17). Does this date match your records for when Daniel lived in Dalsland?

It is very strange how Daniel disappears from the Hfl records at Kärvinge. If this is the correct person, I speculate that perhaps Daniel was apprenticed to become a miller. I am not able to easily confirm this because Genline has not yet put the necessary Åmål records on-line. Otherwise, I would try to work backwards to see where Daniel came from.

I have been working with Lennart Hjerpe to confirm whether his Sara Cajsa Rudqvist is the same person as the daughter of Anders and Maria. So far, it is unproved but still possible.

I too have found references to the other Rudqvists you mention. I think it is almost certain that Daniel (b.1725) and Halvard (b.1733) are somehow related to Anders (b. 1738, married to Maria Bjurström). All three men seem have connections to Västbro, Bro (S). Halvard especially pops up several times in the same places as Anders and Maria. In fact, Halvard died at Kärvinge, Eskilsäter at the same time when Anders and Maria lived there. I think Lars Rudqvist is also connected. I found Lars once with Daniel in By (S) and Lars died at Råglanda, Botilsäter the same year as Anders (1808). Maria died at Råglanda in 1813. The Bengt Rudqvist you mention I think is not related. It seems he may be a rote soldier from Rud, Kila (S) and Rudqvist was the soldier name for Rud. I don't know anything about Jonas.

I am very happy to collaborate on more research into these people. I am eager to figure out how all these pieces of the puzzle fit together.

MVH,
Jeff