NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 22 september, 2010

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 22 september, 2010
Skrivet av: tinnient skrivet 2000-04-29, 18:51
Hello, I don't really know what I'm doing as the directions are in Swedish! I am a Pollack descendant, with roots in Värmland, hoping to trade facts with relatives! Other ancestral names are Örtqvist, Boström, Tångring, and Magnusson.

My ancestor, Petter Örtqvist, was an innkeeper in Värmland, his son Olof Pettersson (born 1847) left the Eldsbacka/älvsbacka parish of Värmland to marry and start a family in Norway. Thorvald Pettersen of this family, born 1885, was my granddad.  Does anyone have any further facts on Petter Örtqvist?

My greatgrandmother was Kristina Tångring, born 1856 in Kristinefors foundry, Vitsand, Värmland. She married Isaak Pollack (born 1851, Kasamak, Gustaf Adolf's parish, Värmland).  I guess that this family owned a successful shipping line, and that they moved to Finland.  I have many Tångring and Pollack names I'd be happy to share!

I had a greatgrandfather, Per Gustaf Magnusson Boström, born 1849 in Bogsund, Östra Amtervik, who married Mathilda Andersson (born 1849 in Langbro, Orebro).  All of their three children went to America, but one granddaughter stayed with them, Ellen Mathilda.

Let's trade some family facts!

Regards,  
Todd Pollack, USA