NULL Skriv ut sidan - Blix

Anbytarforum

Titel: Blix
Skrivet av: Marjo Peltoniemi skrivet 2013-03-23, 00:20
My apologies again for writing in English. I was trying to clarify the possible Skancke connection and posted a question in the Forum for Norsk Slektshistorisk Forening. According to the friendly answer I received from Lars Løberg, Skanckes are NOT ancestors to Sigurd Joansson - and nor is there a link to Isle of Man:

Lars Løberg:I see no reason to go too much into details about this, but given the general lack of sources for genealogical evidence there is limited or no hope at all to prove any of these connections. I will give you one example of an obviously erroneus link in what you have found on the net - build on written articles:

The one you refer to as Joan Pederson Skanke is known as Jon i Sanne as he represents the people of Jemtland in 1410 (DN XVI:60). He is assumed to a be a brother of Karl Petersson, who is the first representative, Jon being the second. The entire process is vitnessed by the right honorable Peter Nilsson, who is then assumed to be the father of the first two witnesses. It is highly unusual that a father will witness a legal document signed by his own sons in this capacity. There is no mentioning of the sons being of the same noble class as their assumed father. There is nothing linking the three persons together in a family connection. More so, as Jon supposedly appear in written sources already in 1394 it becomes quite unlikely, if not impossible, that his father will still be legally active in 1410. In general, a son will not be very visible in written sources as long as his father is alive. Thus, it is highly unlikely that Jon i Sanne is a son of Peter Nilsson.

And for the idea of the Skanke family being descendents of the kings of Isle of Man, please forget that you've ever heard of it.This isn't even fanciful speculations. It is science fiction.

Ref: http://www.genealogi.no/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175 (http://www.genealogi.no/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175)