NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 20 maj, 2012

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 20 maj, 2012
Skrivet av: Barry Hill skrivet 2012-05-19, 02:33
Laars,  The information you provided weaves a story so much more valuable than just names and dates.  Thank You.  While some of that information is probably contained in the posts above that I am pouring over and entering in Roots Magic, some of it is brand new.  I have not recognized any documents listing cause of death up to this point.  Do the references you listed above included the cause of death?  I would like to copy them when I can catch up here.  A helpful gentleman that reads the forum, emailed me the living relatives of the very line you identified (Klas Levi).  I have already drafted a letter but I still hesitate long enough to be certain. In addition to Selma Johnson listing her mother's name as Eliza on the marriage license (a problem I came to just accept), I was confronted again today with a conflict with emigration date.  Selma Johnson filled out a form in 1940 in which she listed her arrival in the U.S. as 12 April 1889 on the White Line. Selma Adamsson however is in the records as not emigrating from Sweden until 3 May 1989.  I also have a copy of the Utvandrat Kontrakt of Selma Adamsson and it states The journey takes place from Gotenburgth the 3/5 by steamer steerage...  This would mean the departure was 21 days after Selma Johnson said she arrived in New York.

I am interested in the members thoughts about this and how they resolve such issues.  While I do think these are one and the same person.  I feel I have to be able to make a strong case not only for genealogy reasons, but prior to contacting someone with a claim of being a long lost relative.  Although I know the final decision is my call, I really need some guidance here to base that decision on and resolve these issues.  There is no mention of ship name or White Line on the Kontrakt although I know it was probably the most common carrier line.