NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 16 maj, 2012

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 16 maj, 2012
Skrivet av: Barry Hill skrivet 2012-05-14, 19:49
I do agree that it cannot be coincidence and you have all connected me to my family. I also agree that the letter had to be Dec. 1918 both because of the history of the Spanish Flue and the post by Laars.  Upon magnification it could be either a 5 or an 8 with an incomplete stroke.
Laars posted: I have followed Alma and her family in the church records and her eldest son´s name is Erik Arthur Wahlén born 25/12 1892, Lysekil. He becomes a sailor and Oct. 10 1918 he dies of Influenza, probably the Spanish flu. Göteborgs Oscar Fredrik F:7 (1915-1921) Bild 138 / sid 133
The biggest remaining mystery about this household is Alfred Wilhelm Carlsson and how Johan Alfred Carlson figures in.  I did not get much done at the Family History Center since we had an internet problems and a couple patrons that I helped with microfilm.  I am going back later today so I am there when Verizon repair man comes to work on the internet.  

Carl Wolf found the marriage license of Alfred and Selma to go with my marriage certificate I have and that puts Alfred's estimated year of birth at 1866 (probably June) and I consider this way more reliable than the two census reports although the 1910 report closely agrees.