NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 12 maj, 2012

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 12 maj, 2012
Skrivet av: Barry Hill skrivet 2012-05-12, 18:08
Olle, I cannot contain my excitement.  When I first read your post I was interested but confused then I studied it and this is my take on it. Tell me if it makes sense.

You found Karl August Magnusson who was born the same year as the father in Anton's Magnusson's letter to Albert Carlson and he has the name of August which is Albert's father's name per Albert's marriage license. Stina Mattsdotter was born the same year as the Mother in Anton's letter to Albert and and has a name Stina that is likely a form of the name Christina which is Albert's Mother's name per Albert's marriage license. Albert and Anton went by Carlson/Karlsson the father's first name.  In 1918 Anton used Anton Magnusson as a return address (his father's surname). On the one return address on the back of the envelope says C. A. Magnusson (maybe means Carl August )In the letter Anton refers to stone cutting has been down for 4 years and he has little work.  The Anton you found is a stone cutter.  Finally the address is Hojden No. 4

This is enough circumstantial evidence to hang a man   If it is not my family then life is playing a serious trick on me.

I am a retired police officer and prison official but I could shed a tear of joy and appreciation at what you found.  Thank You

What I need is simple clear explanation on how to back track and how to see this record. I think you are telling me that I should find records under the Lyse Parrish.  I am not sure of the record type (Census etc.) From there I would just work back in time in that parish to see if they have other records that would list siblings until I can follow a trail back that puts Albert Wilhelm in the family as a boy.

If you have any tips you can spell out please let me know.  Do not think I know them.  If however you have no tips at all, you have already done so much.  I had just abandoned this line in the search for 25 years thinking I could never find it.  But computers have now brought us together.

Barry