NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 april, 2005

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 29 april, 2005
Skrivet av: Chuck Maki skrivet 2005-04-28, 03:36
As to the translation, The fotocopy is of a baptismal or christening book entry, two in this instance.  Most of the time the entries are of multiple baptisms per page so this is somewhat different.

On page 102 we see that Nils O. Hage and his wife Sofia Amalia Hage had a son, Alvin Bernhard, born (född) in Lake Park, Becker Co, Minn on 6 December 1915, baptized (döpt)on 27 November 1915...
The same holds true for dotter Alvina Bernice.
The next bit I am only guessing at but I think the twins were baptized at a home in Cormorant (my map shows such a town south of Lake Park)of N. Lehart (an individual).
So döpt means baptized, not died.  Died is död so both of these children survived.  So you have some new information to add to Nils/Nels family.
Witnesses for Alvin were Andrew and Sofia Haglund while for Alvina the witnesses were Lars and Anna Palin.  btw, the child of Lars and Anna is listed on page 104 with Nils and Sofia being witnesses

I have seen baptisms delayed several years and others taken care of the day following birth, which is rather astonishing
I look forward to your email.
Chuck