NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-17

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-17
Skrivet av: Jan Ek (Janek) skrivet 2003-12-04, 00:57
Anders,

What do you already have of information about this family? I've had a look at the census records for 1900-1910-1920-1930, and found them and their five children in all, do you have them? 1930 Ernest Osbeck is living with his widow brother Edvin. There is no sign of Christine, but Ernest is marked off as married.

In the MNHS Death register I can't find either Ernest or Christine, that's unexpected. I see what is most possibly Edwin, he died 1935 in Minneapolis. Have you checked that certificate? That could maybe give a clue if his brother survived him.

You also have two naturalization records for Ernest from Iron Range Research Center. If they can help you with new pieces of the puzzle I don't know of course.

On the resource page for Lincoln County you can find some references to the family. The plat map for Lake Benton shows a property in the 15th qudranrant owned by Christine Osbeck. The historic city map shows what could be the grocery store Ernest has, located on Prospect St near the court house.

The census records can't tell you where in Sweden Ernest and Christine came from. Have you checked the wedding record from 1889? Since they both immigrated in 1884, the ships records are not available on the net just yet. But the early ones are often very brief. Have you tried to find them at the CD Emigranten, with records from the Swedish side?

I'm sure the answers for your questions can be found, but most likely locally. You have distinct names to look for, and Lake Benton is not a big place. If you can get help from local genealogists in the area, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out what happened to Ernest and Christine.

Regards,
Jan