NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-17

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-17
Skrivet av: Deborah Moseng skrivet 2003-11-10, 17:32
Hi, I would feel much more comfortable putting a query on here if I could understand the Swedish language. I have been helped greatly from other parts of this site so am hoping now to get some help to find ancestors or living relatives right here in the USA. My Grandfather came from Sweden. His name in Sweden was Johan Alfred Andersson, born June 17, 1868 and immigrated to the US in 1886, settling in Buffalo, North Dakota. He married Ingeborg Nelson (name here in USA) and they raised their family in Buffalo.

The family I am looking for in Minnesota is my Grandfather's sister's family. Her name in Sweden was Mathilda Josefina (Andersdotter)born Feb 24, 1869 in Runsten Parish, Kalmar County, Island of Öland, Sweden. She immigrated to the USA in 1887 I think. My mother talked about Josephine (name used in US)living in St. Paul, Minnesota. She married August Johnson and they had three children, Edith, who I believe was a schoolteacher and never married, Kenneth, who maybe was a car salesman, and Al, who I believe died in a car accident while he was quite young? Mom talked to me once about this family, although I don't remember them at all, as always living around the St Paul, Minnesota area. I have searched the Minnesota death index and the census records but, because of the common names and not knowing enough about dates to confirm them, I cannot find their family. I would like to know more about this family and even learn if there are living relatives in the area and who they are? Any information would be appreciated.

Josephine's brother Carl Rudolph Andersson (Anderson in America) also came to America in about 1897. I am not sure where he settled as I never heard about him from Mom but what I have heard on this list is his destination was also Minnesota. I realize without much informaation it would be very hard to find him but I am hoping to find out where he went and about his family too. He was also born in Runsten parish, Kalmar county in Sweden and was born Oct 29, 1878. Mathilda Josefina (Josephine) and Carl's parents were Brita Johanna Andersdotter and Anders Johan Nilsson.

Thank you for any information you can help me with about any of this family.
Deborah