NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-17

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-11-17
Skrivet av: Jan Ek (Janek) skrivet 2003-10-31, 17:43
Fredrik,

Jag får ett 60-tal träffar på Winnipeg Junction på Google, bland andra en som leder till denna lilla trevliga tidsbild 1889 från platsen:

Soon after this, I received a letter from Brother Frank who was still Station Agent at Verndale, Minn., on the Northern Pacific RR, that if I wanted a job as night car checker at Winnipeg Junction, Minn., to come at once. I immediately left for the job, stopping off in Verndale long enough to say hello to Frank, then on to Winnipeg Junction, arriving one afternoon when in the morning it was 40 degrees below zero. And was I surprised at dinner times; they served ice cream for dessert. Winnipeg Junction was just what its name suggests. It is 25 miles east of Fargo, ND, a point from which a branch Northern Pacific RR runs to Winnipeg, Canada. This place consisted of a General Store, a Liquor Store, a Depot, a RR Round House, and a rather large Hotel owned and operated by the Railroad.

Den lilla kopplingspunkten för järnvägen ligger i Clay county, och återfinns förutom i Encarta som Karin visat ovan också i andra kartor, t.ex Mapquest.