NULL Skriv ut sidan - Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000

Anbytarforum

Titel: Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000
Skrivet av: Donna Corlett skrivet 2000-09-14, 19:45
Anders!  I checked the National Archives of Canada database for immigrants arriving bewteen 1925-1935..but could not find Torsten listed...? Could he have come a little earlier than 1926?  I will check the form 30A's next time I go-it doesn't take long...

I did find the immigration/passenger arrival form for Olof Walter Röden, 25 (single).  Rodin is also listed (manually added above the Röden entry line).  He is listed as born in Alsen, Sweden (some other passengers listed from there too).  He sailed aborad the S.S. Gripsholm which departed from Gothenburg on April 28,1928.  He landed at Halifax on May 6,1928.  

His destination?  To his brother- Torsten Rodin, 311 Ellen Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba.  It appears that he was naturalized as of (or on) January 23,1943 (this is manually added to the form).

Actually one other man listed from Alsen, Sweden is also noted to Torsten's address (relationship- friend). His name was Einar Mattias Strömmer, age 20.

Well, I am not sure what else may be available...but will take a look.  
Of course, here birth records are sealed for 100 years after the event in most provinces (BC included)...and some never open them(only family inquiries permitted where fees must be paid)...
also it is of course possible that Melody married-but those type of records are sealed for 75 years (in BC anyway)so you would have no way to find her married name.
Hmmm...let me ponder this a little and I'll get back to you...

Regards,
Donna