NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12
Skrivet av: Deborah Moseng skrivet 2003-10-12, 19:10
Wow, you two are fast! I was printing the new facts out again and when I was looking to make sure I had all the pages I noticed new stuff already and mine hadn't even gotten there yet!

Anders, I could scan and send the letter to this list if that would help but I think you found out maybe everything you were wondering about? I want so bad to find someone over in Sweden but need also to start searching here to find some of the people who left and came to America, so many directions to go--and my husband wants to eat to before the Packer game . Suppose I should feed him and then get back to this. It is VERY habit-forming.

I can sure tell you both are used to doing this, you know right where to look. I wouldn't know that much how to find things here. We have certain areas to look but wouldn't find (I don't think) the family notes like you are finding. We have our census and sometimes there are more facts on that but not that many (last census available is 1930). That is how I found out what years Grandmother and Grandfather came over, their ages etc but not a lot else. We also have other databases but so much isn't indexed yet--I get very frustrated. I am amazed at the information you have come up with for me. My Grandfather's side of the tree is looking very nice.

Oh, another thing. On the other site on here (1890 census) when I got all that information to start with about the family and the scanned images--I took the time yesterday and really put them (people, like Grandfather's immeidate family)in order and got the information figured out in MY head so the whole family makes sense now. I now understand where the names come (images)from and where they fit. After studying the images I can sort of read them better and figured out what some of the columns were (like the second after the name was the year born, dah I hadn't figured that out before). Now those images mean so much more to me and am so thrilled to have them.
Deborah