NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-07-03

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2004-07-03
Skrivet av: Peter Anderson skrivet 2003-11-20, 05:57
Kristina,

I have been thinking the same thing- do I have the correct Erik Ferdinand? This is what I mean about the puzzle.  
I knew my great grandfather was named  Ferdinand Andersson, but that was all- no birth year, location of birth, or anything else.
I had posted a request for info here about a year and a half ago. Someone posted info from SVAR on my ggfather and ggmother- along with both their dates of birth, and listing my grandfather's siblings- (but my ggfather's father was not given at that time...)
so at least I knew the birth date information for my ggfather was correct.  
Searching the 1890 Swedish census, I could not find anything on my ggfather with the last name Andersson, or someone named Anders who might be his father.  
I did find my ggmother- who happened to be named Andersson also (she didn't have to change her name when she married my ggfather  )  
Searching just by First name - Erik Ferdinand, birth date 1873, brought up this Erik Ferdinand in  question, whose father was Erik Eriksson Ulander, in the parish of Gudmundrä.  

I might be totally off track and this is the wrong  person.  I don't know when my ggparents were married, but I do know a great uncle was born 1900 - so they had to have been married at least 1900, if not sooner.  
I really have to get into the parish records of my grandfather and great grandfather to check and confirm these bits of info.  
The one fly in the ointment is what you mentioned- why would my ggfather take Andersson if his father was Erik Eriksson Ulander - why not take Eriksson?
And, refering to my ggmother being named Andersson also, I can't believe my ggfather was so progressive that he'd take his wife's name  

the search continues.....

thanks again everyone,

Peter