NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 23 juni, 2014

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 23 juni, 2014
Skrivet av: Eric Johnson skrivet 2014-05-24, 00:39
Hello everyone!

This is a follow up to my recent post on Catharine Asmundsdotter from Skogagarden.

Again, please excuse the missing characters over some of the letters as I'm still learning about these special letters.

I went back to the birth records and started cataloging all the births in Skogagarden from 1720 to 1749 (F:1).  And what I found were quite a few entries for Gunnar Svensson, his wife the Widow Brita Parsdotter, and Brits's  daughters, that is, Gunnar's step daughters, Maria and Catharine.  I believe more now than ever the entry for Catharine's birth has errors from the Minister who wrote the entry.

Please see a summary of the birth entries where Catharine, her sister Maria, her mom, Brita, and her stepdad, Gunnar, (besides other witnesses)are listed as witnesses:

6 Sep 1722 Kristi Parsdotterr born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson.
7 Mar 1725 Maria Jonsdotter born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson.
12 Sep 1725 Jonas Parsson born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson.
13 Oct 1726 Catharine Andersdotter born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson.
29 Aug 1728 Anders Persson born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson.
17 Jul 1731 Petter Parsson born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson.
2 Jun 1733 Catharina Jansdotter born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson and Maria Asmundsdotter.
15 Nov 1733 Maria Eliasdotter born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson.
14 Sep 1735 Oluf Hakansson born.  Witness: Maria Asmundsdotter.
30 Dec 1735 Jonas Jonsson born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson and Brita Parsdotter.
17 Mar 1737 Petter Olofsson born.  Witness: Maria Asmundsdotter.
3 Apr 1739 Anders Eliasson born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson and Catharina Asmundsdotter.
5 Apr 1739 Stina Olofsdotter born.  Witness: Catharina Asmundsdotter.
28 May 1739 Ellika Olofsdotter born.  Parents are Olof Ingwaldsson and Maria Asmundsdotter.  Witness: Catharina Asmundsdotter.
4 Jan 1740 Stina ? Jonsdotter born.  Witness: Gunnar Svensson and Catharina Asmundsdotter.
2 Feb 1740 Anders Svensson born.  Witness: Catharina Asmundsdotter.
3 Dec 1741 Sven Olofsson born.  Parents are Olof Ingwaldsson and Maria Asmundsdotter.  Witness: Catharina Asmundsdotter.
16 Feb 1743 Stina Svensdotter born.  Witness: Maria Asmundsdotter and Catharina Asmundsdotter.

Catharine Asmundsdotter married Master Carl Jacobsson Blom on 16 Oct 1743.

And I know now that Gunnar Svensson died on 15 Feb 1747 at 52 years old.

I hope this helps add strength to Catharine as the daughter of Brita Parsdotter and Asmund Svensson.

Best regards,

Eric Johnson