NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 19.12.2002

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 19.12.2002
Skrivet av: Stephen Carlile skrivet 2002-04-04, 22:34
On 6 Feb 2002 I wrote that I thought the John Gustafson (born about 1844 in Sweden) living in English Township, Lucas County, Iowa, USA, and listed on the USA Federal Census at page 436B was actually Johan Alfred Gustafsson, born 14 Dec 1844 in Skarpeträde, Lidhults ägor, Lönneberga Parish, Kalmar, Småland, Sweden.  

I now believe the two people listed above are not the same, and, are in fact, two different individuals.

I received an email from another researcher which said that the Johan A. Gustafsson born 14 Dec 1844 in Skarpeträde, Lönneberga parrish married Mary J. Holmes in 1870 in Lucas County, Iowa, USA and changed his last name to Holmes.  Their known children were Carl A. Holmes, Frithof Holmes, and Alfreda Holmes.

This same researcher informed me that Johan's brother Anders Fredrik Gustafsson (born 21 Mar 1852 in Lönneberga) also changed his last name to Holmes, married in Lucas Co., Iowa, USA, and had the following known children: Walter Holmes, Earl Holmes, and Herman Holmes.

Bo, I would like to post more information regarding my findings in the US about this Swedish family from Lönneberga, with your permission of course, in the hopes of finding a living relative in Sweden.  Please let me know if I should be publishing this information elsewhere.  Thanks