NULL Skriv ut sidan - SV: Help with photo location

Anbytarforum

Titel: SV: Help with photo location
Skrivet av: Klas Wallén skrivet 2023-04-25, 00:22
Hi Timothy!

It might still be a picture of where your great grandfather used to live. It doesn't show the most central parts of Eksjö town with its small old wooden houses, you can see the Church in the background. Perhaps it show some of the locations he used to live at and that was the reason he got the photo? Or rather someone sent it to him from Sweden, because it is made after he moved from Sweden. I searched a little and if it is the same George (I think it must be) and if you do not know about every detail already, he was born in Hagstugan in Eksjö town Parish May 5 1876 but the family moved to Höreda (his mother came from Höreda) Parish the same year. In 1881 the family moved back to Eksjö country side Parish to a place called Klämman. Then they moved again to Höreda and then back to Eksjö town Parish and a place called Lyckeberg a few kilometers from the Church in 1885. Then to Gysjöbäck in the town Parish in 1887 after his dad moved to North America that year. He moved one more time back to Lyckeberg in 1890 before traveling to North America in 1891.
His father came from Tranemo Parish in Älvsborgs County but had lived in Skedhult outside Eksjö before marrying Gustafa Charlotta in 1876. He was a worker so perhaps he used to work at the place seen on the postcard?

I might be able to find some old photos or more information about the locations tomorrow.

Klas