NULL Skriv ut sidan - Translation Help

Anbytarforum

Titel: Translation Help
Skrivet av: Christina Skagerborg skrivet 2005-07-21, 18:41
Hello Bob,

I have done a quick translation and there might be some Swenglish expressions and I might have misunderstood some older words or expressions. Some parts of the text are a bit difficult to understand. Hopefully someone out there will correct me if I’ve done a major mistranslation. Anyway you’ll get the gist of the text.  

Seminarieposten
Biography of the Seminary’s graduating special class.  

N. Alfred Göransson is born in Torpa, Kronoberg district on 6 Oct.1884. A convert at the age of nineteen, he was baptised and joined the Baptist parish in Ekeryd. Brother Göransson who ever since his conversion has not been of this world but been in the World, was captured already at a young age by a longing to see something more of the world than what was to be found within the borders of Sweden. This longing was soon to become a reality for our brother when he went on a trip abroad to Denmark where he stayed a few years. Returning to his native country with good health and strength he was soon captured by the incurable “American fever” in Sweden. Realizing, [missing word?] catching such a desease, br. G. went to America 1907 where he soon found a suitable remedy for the same. Even though he arrived in America with a firmness to continue his struggle for existence, he remained faithful to his saviour and his parish and before his membership certificate had been worn out in his pockets or eaten by rats in a box, he united with the Baptist parish in Rockford, Ill. where he with interest took part in the work and had several commissions of trust such as Sunday school teacher [I don’t understand ‘förestånde’, perhaps it should be ‘förestående’ meaning he was in charge] until he entered the Seminary in Morgan Park in the autumn 1913. For two summers and one Christmas holiday he has served the parish in Rhinelander, Wis. And last Christmas holiday in Galseburg, Ill. After the graduation brother Göransson will take on the work for the conference of Chicago Heights in Illinois.

N. Alfred Göransson will further the work in Chicago Heights, Ill.

N. Alfred Göransson visited Mud Hen Lake, Wis. And preached there Sunday 22 of May.

Christina