NULL Skriv ut sidan - Charles J. Anderson

Anbytarforum

Titel: Charles J. Anderson
Skrivet av: Kent Nelson skrivet 2004-08-18, 00:05
Hello,

I am trying to trace my family history in Sweden. A starting point would seem to be Charles J. Anderson's (my great grandfather) birth date/place in Sweden and his parents' names. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

He was born in Sweden in 1877 or 1878; the 1910 US Census says '77, the 1920 US Census says '78. I don't know what his exact name was in Sweden (Charles, Carl or Karl Andersson?), but he emigrated to America (Minnesota, I think) in 1887. Unfortunately, I have no information about his father, mother, or siblings whom he must have emmigrated with.

His wife's (my great grandmother) name and ancestry are also interesting. Her name was Cena Wernlund, which sounds Swedish. I don't know the meaning of wern, but doesn't lund mean grove in Swedish? She was born in Wisconsin, but her family emigrated from Holland in the 1850s. Both her father, Hendrick, and her grandfather were born in Holland. My assumption is that at some point (1700s?), a Wernlund from Sweden emigrated to Holland and kept the Swedish name. What do you think?

Regards,
Kent Nelson