NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12
Skrivet av: Deborah Moseng skrivet 2003-10-12, 18:40
Thanks so much. I just read everything to my sister and she is amazed at what you people are doing for us.  

Do you have any idea where the homestead is over there or did it say if Oskar lived on it after Anders died?  

On the letter of grief it said (I believe anyway it was translated like this)that Anders lived with a son (?) on the homeplace? Is there any way of finding out who lives there now and maybe somehow getting in touch with them? I wonder if it would be a relative or if the place is still standing? So many questions going through my head. I would love to have a scanned picture of the old place or/and the area around it to make this even more personal. On my family tree maker there is a scrapbook for pictures and that would be so neat to have some from there.

Also, on the letter it said Anders would be missed by children and grandchildren--if all the children came to America other than Oskar and he didn't get married and have children, who were these grandchildren as the ones here didn't know him? To me it sounds like someone over in Sweden had children?

Does it say on that household examination record what church they went to? Anders sent me some web pages of churches on Oland and I printed them out but not sure which one they maybe went to? They are beautiful churches there though and the land is gorgeous. I also read what Anders sent about why people came to America. It must have been so sad leaving family never to see them again. I never heard that my Grandmother or Grandfather ever saw their parents again and am now trying to find if they kept in contact with their siblings when they came to America as most didn't come at the same time. I am not sure if Josefina came with Grandpa or when she came? I am slowly getting the puzzle pieces though thanks to you people over there who are helping.
Deborah