NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12
Skrivet av: Deborah Moseng skrivet 2003-10-12, 05:07
Thanks again for all the information. I realize too that most or all of Grandfather's family came to America so I agree that I need to go on to the next generation (still hoping that someone will notice this and respond that is related). Anders, here is the 'letter of grief' or whatever it is called. I am sorry but I don't have that first word here now to try to type out but here is what I put on the Norwegain site when they helped me to understand who it was about etc and how I got going on this site.

(a long word I couldn't try to put down in English) gud i sitt clluisa rad vehagat hadankalb
mih alskade make
UNDANTAGSMANNEN
ANDERS JOHAN NILSSON
som stilla ailed SODRA RUNSTEN
ONSDAGEN DEN 25 Dec 1912
i en alder af 71 ar 2 manader och 25 olager
oli upt sarjd och saknad af mgh barn, barnbarn ocl broder samt
slakt ocl vanner.

Johanna Nilsson

(I realize I don't have the fancy type etc but this is as close as I can get with my English typing. The above is what got me going from Grandmother's side to Grandfather's side and got me on this site. I have done so much better on his side and mostly because of starting with this letter which gave me just enough information to get things going. I am still stuck on Grandmother's side going nowhere in Norway (or here is USA). I need to work harder on her side now as the family tree maker is looking a bit lopsided .

Thanks for all the help. And Anders, thanks for going to the library for me, wow you people are really helping, thanks. I have lots of work to do now, lots of looking (on both sides, grandmother's and grandfather's). I initially wanted to just start with her side as one person is enough to follow at a time but I got so much further here that it has really gotten very habit forming!
Deborah