NULL Skriv ut sidan - Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12

Anbytarforum

Titel: Äldre inlägg (arkiv) till 2003-10-12
Skrivet av: Anders Andersson skrivet 2003-10-10, 21:05
I found an article in English on the history of agriculture on Öland, which I think you may find interesting as part of the background for the decision of your ancestors to emigrate.

To give you some idea of the options available for your research, Runsten parish records are physically kept by the Vadstena regional archive (landsarkiv) and can be studied there, but they have also been copied to microfiche available for loan or sale. As a matter of law, records made later than 70 years ago may contain notes that are still confidential, and therefore only volumes completed before 1933 are now easily available to the public.

Since you know the date Anders Johan Nilsson died (25 December 1912), this should be enough to locate him, his children and grandchildren in contemporary records. Given a number of relatives born in the early 1900's, some of them are likely to have been alive in 1970 (or even today), allowing us to find them on Sveriges befolkning 1970, a CD-ROM providing residential addresses of the entire Swedish population around 1970-1971. Modern phone directories should do the rest.

I can help you with CD lookups, but unless you can find and read those microfiche records at your local family history center (yes, Swedish parish records are available in the United States) yourself, you need the assistance of somebody else to provide the names and dates of relatives born between 1890 and 1932.

As a matter of convention on Anbytarforum, please continue putting your full name (first name and last name) in the Användarnamn form submission field.