NULL Skriv ut sidan - Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000

Anbytarforum

Titel: Arkiv efterlysn blandade i samma tråd 1999-2000
Skrivet av: Donna Corlett skrivet 2000-07-10, 20:23
Pernilla!  UPDATE: Here it is-as it was originally sent (starting below at Hi Pernilla!).  I did try to send this to you multiple times...but not one went through.  I haven't had this problem with anyone else's address...so I don't know!!??  

Hi Pernilla!
Although I like to put replies on Rötter as it may encourage others to ask for help...I thought I should send this one to you privately.  
I searched and found listings for both Karl Ossian Johnson and Axel Kristian Anderson in the BC Death Index.  Then I asked a friend (Eric Edlund) there if he would obtain copies of the actual documents (told you that, I think!)...well they arrived today.  So I guess you and your family will finally know what happened to Karl.

I will start with him...OK?

Karl Ossian Johnson passed away on April 1, 1959 at 54 years of age in Boughey Bay, BC.  He had been working for the Russell Logging Company.  His place of death was the company camp.  He was hit by a falling branch and apparently died within 1 hour of the incident.  The cause of death as noted on the document was as follows: fracture skull and fracture dislocation neck.
There was an coroner's inquest and autopsy...probably due to the tragic nature of his death.  He was buried at the Ocean View Burial Park in South Burnaby, BC.
Each death was required to be reported by an individual (usually a family member).  This person is called the informant of the death to the authorities.  The person noted on Karl's form was Elof Kellner (not sure of last name-signature hard to make out).  Elof's relationship was noted as-friend.  While looking at the form I noticed that the permanent residence/address for the deceased (Karl) and the address of the informant (Elof) were the same.  The address was 2606 West Third Avenue in Vancouver, BC.
There are a few other things listed on this form...his profession was noted as logger...and he apparently did his trade for approximately 30 years.  Karl had only been in that specific area for 2 months, in the province (BC) for 30 years and in the country (Canada) for 35 years.  Thus I suppose he worked with his family members in Ontario before heading to the west....that makes sense based on what we know of their time/travel in Canada.
I will post this off to you so you can see it all...it also includes notations of ethnic origin...birthdate...but since that was already known to you-I didn't bother to recap it again here.

Well Pernilla...at least you and your family finally know what actually happened to Karl....
Since I do not know if this one will actually get to you, I will send the one for Axel separately...this one is rather long already too.

Kind regards,
Donna

*I'm off to the library later today so maybe I'll have some luck with the others...we will see.